HPLIP 3.19.1 Released with New Printers / Distro’s Support
HPLIP 3.19.1, HP developed Linux drivers for HP inkjet and laser based printers, was released one day ago with new devices and Linux Distros support.
According to the release note, HPLIP 3.19.1 adds following new devices support:
- HP LaserJet Managed MFP E82540du
- HP LaserJet Managed MFP E82550du
- HP LaserJet Managed MFP E82560du
- HP Color LaserJet Managed MFP E87640 du
- HP Color LaserJet Managed MFP E87650du
- HP Color LaserJet Managed MFP E87660du
- HP Scanjet Pro 2500 f1
Also 64-bit of Fedora 29, Open Suse 15, Manjaro 18.0, and RHEL 7.2 are now supported.
Download / Install HPLIP 3.19.1 in Ubuntu:
1. To install the software, download the package “hplip-3.19.1.run” from the link below:
2. Then make the downloaded file executable from its Properties dialog:
3. Finally open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or search for “terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run command to start installing it:
Type your user password (no asterisks feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter.
4. Then follow the terminal prompts, answer some questions to build and install HPLIP on your system. When everything is done, plug/re-plug your printers and enjoy!